Our Principles of Working Together
- Together we can provide excellent primary care services to our neighbourhood populations
- Our ethos is based on co-operation not competition between all providers
- We will be transparent and engaging both with the population we serve and our membership
- We have a right to provide services and a responsibility to deliver high quality care
- Together we are stronger – together we are Quay Health Solutions
We have identified four goals for QHS that reflect both our members’ priorities and support NHS Southwark Clinical Commissioning Group’s Five Year Forward View. These are:
- Develop and maintain a sustainable organisation
- Deliver high quality clinical services across north Southwark
- Lead the design of models of care in north Southwark by being the voice for primary care, representing members views and ideas
- Develop primary care in north Southwark, supporting GP practices to manage change, and making it a good place to work and be a patient
Our programmes of work
To achieve our goals we have developed or support programmes of which include the following (click on heading for further information):
Enhancing access to primary care in north Southwark and improving patient experience.
Supporting patients with social needs (e.g. social isolation) to free up GP time.
Implementing quality improvement projects in practices to reduce workload, free up time for GPs and improve care for patients.
Supporting nurses and HCAs across our GP practices.
Pharmacists working across GP practices to reduce the demand on GPs and improve quality and safety of prescribing medicines.
Joining up care between GP practices, hospitals, community services, social services and the voluntary sector.
- Coordinated care – delivering coordinated care for people with three or more long-term conditions in north Southwark.
- Multidisciplinary team working – health and care professionals working together to improve coordinated care.
- Neighbourhood working – working in geographical neighbourhoods; Borough, Walworth, Bermondsey and Rotherhite to ensure coordinated and improved care.
You can see information on the contracts we support here.